Coaching and Mentoring
Welcome to the ‘NewOffer’ WordPress theme. This is the best way to create corporate website for your business.
You may be a leader who is looked up to and respected by their peers and colleagues, but sometimes it is difficult to find the right person to discuss your ideas with in a safe environment, before you ‘go live’ with them. You may want to explore your leadership style and how to make the most of it.
We can offer that safe environment, one where you can explore new ways of working with someone who has an abundance of expertise in the five necessary traits of a top class mentor:
- listening and questioning, to ensure complete understanding of what the mentee wants to achieve and the surrounding issues
- the ability to challenge in a sensitive, constructive but stretching way
- a variety of experiences to share and learn from
- a passion for developing others
- the ability to know when to give advice and when to encourage the mentee to find their own solutions
Talking to someone with these skills can be invaluable in deciding what you want to achieve and how to get there from where you are now.
We offer one-off sessions or programmes tailored to your needs. Examples of previous mentoring projects.
Two examples of mentoring previously undertaken:
- Working with a newly appointed manager to ‘win over’ a resistant team
- Helping a Company Director set a new direction for their business
“I have had three sessions with Allison and I can honestly say I am a different person at home and in the work place, I am more confident and have successfully taken on further work responsibilities”
- Has been promoted because of your excellent technical skills and knowledge but found yourself struggling with the leadership skills required
- Is comfortable with the ‘management’ stuff ie delivering the results required by controlling the processes and the people but would like to understand more about how you can develop your ‘leadership’ skills ie how to create a vision that your team will buy in to and WANT to deliver on with less emphasis on the control element
- Is struggling with the demands and requirements of managing a team from the ‘facebook’ generation
- Would like to be better at managing your manager and getting him or her to listen more
- Wants more control over what happens at work
- Would like to ensure both you and your team have a better work life balance?
With a wealth of both operational and coaching experience, Macintosh Wright can provide the safe environment you need to develop your skills and move you forward to where you want to be.
Two examples of coaching previously undertaken:
- Worked with a departmental manager to identify the skills required (and implement a plan for developing those skills) to move in to a more senior role
- Worked with a Sales Executive on how to make more impacts in meetings